Note: This has been tested only on a computer connected to the internet via network cable and not wireless.
- Login to the computer as local user (eg. user)
- Install OpenVPN and setup/configure as normal
- Create the OpenVPN certificate for that new VPN user you want to login as (eg. domainuser) if it doesn't exist
- Using OpenVPN, connect to your network VPN as the user you want to login the domain profile as (in this case is domainuser)
- While connected to the VPN, go to Start and Log Off and Switch User
- Login as different user, type the domainuser and password (this is assuming the computer has been joined to the domain beforehand). Now you should see the Welcome screen and now the profile has been created locally to the computer.